This is my New Year’s resolution! It could be yours as well?
What do we gain from meeting Artists? –
- Some insight into the way they work,
- We can learn what motivates artists to keep creating,
- We can discover what it is we especially like about their works,
- We can get a glimpse of their lifestyle and how far they have to travel, to gather ideas for future works,
- We can establish a rapport with the artist,
- We may decide to start a collection of their work,
- We can learn about some of their techniques,
- We can perhaps improve our own creativity as a result.
I hope to do all these things over the coming months with my favourite artists.
I will meet them at their Exhibition Previews, where they are happy to discuss their work, I will visit them in their studios, during an Open Studio Event, I will see their work on Facebook, Instagram and other social media, and LIKE and SHARE their work to my friends. More importantly when I see work I really like, I will leave positive comments, and perhaps visit their web sites and online shops. I also watch their You Tube videos, I have learnt so much from these, especially online demonstrations.
As a result, wherever I go people come up to me and say “Oh I know you, we’re Facebook friends”.
So in 2017 – Go and Meet your favourite artists! Enjoy!